Before starting his own firm, James was a partner for 15 years at the notable Sandpoint law firm of Elsaesser, Jarzabek, Anderson, Elliott & Macdonald, Chtd. James brings with him to Macdonald Law Offices the same high level of ethical and moral standards and professional client services that he learned and developed during his time with Elsaesser Jarzabek. James continues to provide clients with a high degree of specialized knowledge and skills.
- Licensed to appear in all Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Has argued many cases in front of the Idaho Supreme Court
- Author/Contributor to Norton Bankruptcy Advisor Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Review 2005 and 2006
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee for the Northern District of Idaho
- Represented State Receivers in Washington and Idaho
- Represented Chapter 12 Trustee for the Eastern District of Washington
- Represented Chapter 11 Liquidating Trustees in Idaho
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee in Montana
James is a third generation attorney originally from Dallas, Texas. James’ grandfather was a corporate attorney in Dallas, and his father spent a brief time practicing corporate law in Dallas before entering into a 35-year career as a law professor at the University of Idaho. James received his undergrad degree from Northern Arizona University, and received his law degree from the University of Idaho.
James has made Sandpoint his home for over 15 years with his wife and three children. When James isn’t working, he keeps busy golfing, snowboarding, wake surfing, and enjoying the outdoors. He especially enjoys watching his children play soccer and basketball.
James S. Macdonald
Years of experience, working knowledge and targeted solutions.
Questions? Need help? Call us today.